Panamerican provides a full spectrum of cultural resource services through four primary divisions: Terrestrial Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, and Cultural Resource Management. These divisions have performed investigations and prepared documentation for a wide variety of project and client types. Panamerican delivers its projects professionally, on time, and on budget. If you have questions about our services, please contact us.
Terrestrial Archeology return to top
Panamerican's archaeologists have extensive experience in the design and implementation of surveys, testing projects, and full-site mitigations. Our RPA certified archaeologists have directed thousands of cultural resource surveys ranging from the small reconnaissance level to large-scale intensive investigations using the full suite of sampling and location strategies.
Services of terrestrial archeology
• Desktop/Archival Research
• Predictive Modeling
• Phase IA Reconnaissance Survey
• Phase I Archaeological Survey
• Phase II Archaeological Testing
• Phase III Mitigation and Data Recovery
• Cemetery Removal
• Construction-Monitoring Projects
• Geographic Information Systems Analysis
• Laboratory Analysis and Treatment of Recovered Cultural Materials
• Remote Sensing Surveys
maritime Archeology return to top
Panamerican's maritime archaeological division is one of the largest in the United States and is capable of performing all levels and types of underwater investigations.
Our projects include off-shore, coastal, estuarine, and riverine environments throughout the Atlantic, Gulf, and Pacific seaboards of the U.S., the Great Lakes, and the Caribbean.
Panamerican's maritime unit, fully insured for marine work, is one of the best equipped in the nation, with its own in-house remote sensing survey and diving equipment, including state-of-the-art magnetometers, sidescan sonars, subbottom profilers, DGPS positioning and navigation systems, surface-supplied diving systems, as well as a fleet of vessels.
Services of maritime archeology
• Permit Compliance for Impacts to Navigable Waters
• Remote Sensing Survey and Data Analysis
• Pipeline Inspection and/or Relocation
• GeoHazard and "Live Bottom" Surveys
• Archival and Historic Research
• Third-Party Data Analysis and Report Preparation
• Search & Recovery
• Assessment of Potential Significance of Sites and Features
• Site Testing
• Shipwreck Excavation
• Target and Anomaly Location and Identification
architectural history return to top
Panamerican's architectural historians have extensive experience assessing standing buildings, structures, and landscapes for architectural and historic significance and NRHP eligibility.
We have expertise in military architecture, particularly Cold War and industrial complexes, viewshed issues, and the execution and preparation of HABS/HAER documentation.
Our experience and variety of projects undertaken have provided Panamerican's architectural historians with the insight needed to successfully complete your project.
Services of architectural history
• Architectural Surveys and Structure Inventories
• Landscape Surveys
• Viewshed Analysis
• HABS/HAER/HALS Documentation Preservation Architecture and Design
• Historic Structure Maintenance Guidelines
• Historic Studies
• All Levels of Photography and Archival Quality Processing
• Preparation of Measured Drawings
cultural resource management return to top
Panamerican's staff members are experts in the regulations, laws, and statutes that govern the direction of cultural resource projects. This knowledge has allowed us to create management tools that will assist you in planning and implementation of your project needs.
In addition to our usual Cultural Resource Management services, Panamerican's professional staff has a number of specialized skills and abilities that allow them to complete projects and provide services beyond the typical research and survey tasks. This includes outreach and public education activities.
Services of cultural resource management
• Preparation of Historic Contexts
• Native American Consultation
• Oral Histories
• National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) [Eligibility Assessments and Form Completion]
• Section 106 (NHPA), NEPA, and FERC Review Assistance
• Preparation of Research Designs, Sampling Strategies, and Mitigation Plans and Activities
• Preparation of State Site Forms
• Preparation of Memoranda of Agreements (MOAs), Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), Programmatic Agreements (PA)
• Development of Cultural Resources Management, Historic Preservation Plans, and Environmental Management Plans
• Development of Health and Safety Plans
geophysics return to top
Panamerican Consultants, Inc. (PCI) is one of the nation's largest cultural resource management firms, offering a full range of archaeological, architectural, historical, and geophysical services. PCI clients have included eleven district offices of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, the National Park Service, Departments of Transportation in nine states, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and numerous engineering and environmental firms and major energy companies.
Founded in 1989, PCI has successfully performed thousands of cultural resources investigations ranging from small reconnaissance surveys to full-scale terrestrial and maritime archaeological and architectural mitigations.
PCI's geophysical investigations have included surveys of major pre-historic settlements, historic homesite mapping, unmarked human burial detection, cemetery boundary determinations, utility locating, hazardous waste landfill detection, and investigations in support of environmental surveys.
Services of geophysics
• Ground penetrating radar (GPR)
• Electrical resistivity
• Cesium magnetometer
• Fluxgate gradiometer
• Sub-bottom profiler (Maritime Remote Sensing Technologies)
• Side-scan sonar (Maritime Remote Sensing Technologies)
• Magnetometer (Maritime Remote Sensing Technologies)
• Single beam depth sounder (Maritime Remote Sensing Technologies)